Unregistered addresses [Re: Map Frame Relay Question]

  • From: Per Gregers Bilse
  • Date: Tue May 21 12:28:41 1996

This is the second time in just a couple of weeks I've seen mail from
people apparently believing that unregistered addresses are supposed
to work in the Net.  Has the Net come so far that ignorance and
cluelessness is so widespread among people trying to manage boxes
that they think officially allocated addresses is a refinement?
A kind of dotting of i's and crossing of t's, not really necessary?
Like cars drive just fine without licence plates?

Heaven knows there's enough people who think the whole thing works by
some strange magic, but the current apparent trend is verging on the
absurd.

--
------ ___                        --- Per G. Bilse, Mgr Network Operations Ctr
----- /     /  /   __   ___  _/_ ---- EUnet Communications Services B.V.