Re: topological closeness....

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Fri May 17 09:44:13 1996
  • Posted-date: Fri, 17 May 1996 06:42:11 -0700 (PDT)

> Currently, the $$$ our ISP pays to get 128 Kbps connectivity is
> enough to get more than a dozen T1's in the US, and even a T3
> perhaps.  And people ask here why they can't get unlimited access for
> $20 monthly.
>
> On the other hand, labor costs are cheap --- among the
> biggest customers for E1 lines to the US are offshore programming
> houses.
>
> So how about a bandwidth for workforce swap? :)
>
> --
> miguel a.l. paraz <[email protected]>        iphil communications, makati city,
> tech problems, to <[email protected]>    philippines.

	Been There, Done That.

	15 years ago, the company I worked for dropped a 50meter earth
	station and the rights to four transponders for 25 years on a
	project that was donated to a non-us telco to reduce the costs
	of transporting and housing 300 engineeers a quarter to/from
	the US. It was a very cheap alternative.

--
--bill