Re: topological closeness....

  • From: Miguel A.L. Paraz
  • Date: Fri May 17 06:57:32 1996

Hello,

Alan Hannan wrote:

>   Yes, I do believe the bw will increase, I don't believe the next
>   resource (after IP space and IP routes) for us to run out of is
>   bandwidth.  Sure, there's a crunch now, but we'll all just raise
>   our rates and buy bigger pipes.

Bandwidth increases in both within the US and in bandwidth-starved
countries, but will the price ratio go down?

Currently, the $$$ our ISP pays to get 128 Kbps connectivity is
enough to get more than a dozen T1's in the US, and even a T3
perhaps.  And people ask here why they can't get unlimited access for
$20 monthly.

On the other hand, labor costs are cheap --- among the
biggest customers for E1 lines to the US are offshore programming
houses.

So how about a bandwidth for workforce swap? :)

--
miguel a.l. paraz <[email protected]>        iphil communications, makati city,
tech problems, to <[email protected]>    philippines.