Re: FWD: Pacific Bell's LA NAP in service

  • From: Bill Manning
  • Date: Tue May 07 17:56:07 1996

> On Tue, 7 May 1996, Kent W. England wrote:
>
> > Pac Bell has announced their LA NAP is operational. Contact and details below.
>
> 	Is there not already a MAE-LA? Why would thay have an LA NAP if even
> MAE-LA hasn't taken off as of yet?
>
> 	Just a question.
>
> Christian Nielsen

	Yes, there is.  I would expect that the NAP service is offering
	is an extention of the existing BayArea service.  This approach
	reduces the cost of entry of entry for people you are in the So.Cal.
	area to a local loop charge.
	It appears that thye believe that a "distributed" service is
	more effective than two seperate exchanges.

--
--bill