Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

  • From: Alex.Bligh
  • Date: Tue May 07 05:39:02 1996

> >       noc       Network Operations   Network infrastructure problem
> >       trouble   Network Operations   Synonym for ``noc''
>
> At least with ANS "trouble" and "noc" are not synonymous.  NOC is lots

It seems to me the aliases should be defined by the content of the mail,
not the group of recipients. Which group get which mail is obviously going
to be a matter for the ISP and depend on internal structure and size.
So 'trouble' for network trouble, 'peering' for peering requests,
'security' for security issues, and 'noc' for something you would want
to reach the whole NOC (can't think of that right now :-) ). Aliases as listed
can remain unchanged, just change the definition on the right.

Alex Bligh
Xara Networks