Re: Metcalfe strikes again!

  • From: Christian Nielsen
  • Date: Mon May 06 23:35:18 1996

On Mon, 6 May 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> Danger!  Danger Will Robinson!  The network is no longer a monopoly!
> There's no single point of control, or of failure!  No single person knows
> everything that's going on!  Central capacity planning isn't possible!
>
> Um, excuse me, but why is this a bad thing?  (Rhetorical, don't answer.)

	We feel this is a 'Good' thing. For example, there are two companies
with DS3's in Utah. One goes up and down the other stays up all the time. Which
one do you think we go with? Also, there are many companies that think they can
be a 'high speed/T1/T3/OC48' provider and not know what they are doing. The
week will get weeded out. And the ones who know what they are doing will stay
around.

Christian Nielsen
Vyzynz International Inc.       [email protected],CN46,KB7HAP
Phone 801-568-0999              Fax 801-568-0953
Private Email - [email protected]   BOFH - [email protected] PS :)