Re: Network management

  • From: Nikos Mouat
  • Date: Mon May 06 20:02:07 1996

On Mon, 6 May 1996, Alan Hannan wrote:

>   A lot of folks use HPOV, I've been impressed w/ Cabletron's
>   Spectrum, but from our perspective, they're not built all that
>   well for >500 node wans.

we use spectrum, and although it's kinda nifty, i do have one major
complaint about it, and that is that it is always 'autodiscovering'
incorrect things.. moving things into incorrect places.. and frequently
'forgets' things. in addition it does not handle frame-relay pvc's really
at all.. however 4.0 is due out so we'll see if these problems have been
addressed..