Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

  • From: Dorian Kim
  • Date: Fri May 03 18:57:29 1996

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Paul Steiger wrote:

> Paul A Vixie wrote:
>
> > Done.
>
> With ISP's assigning addresses to their customers rather than the Internic, would customer IP
> address request be included in [email protected] or would this warrent a new name.

At CICNet, systems adminstration staff does DNS, and network engineering staff
does ip address allocations. Personally, I think this division makes sense as
ip address allocation is very much married to the network topology. So I think
this should either be something else independent of dns address, like
[email protected] or be folded into the generic [email protected] type general
purpose address.

Just my $0.02
-dorian