Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Fri May 03 16:40:48 1996
  • Posted-date: Fri, 3 May 1996 12:58:25 -0700 (PDT)

> > From: [email protected]
> >
> > 	You might consider using the domain Example.ORG (sort of the
> > 	RFC 1918 of domains) if you decide to build some appendixen.
>
> If a domain example were all I needed, I'd do as you suggest.  What I'm
> trying to avoid is aliases point to either real, or imagined addresses.
> If I put "root: steve" in the document, some poor Steve somewhere some
> time is going to get inundated by root's mail and he'll (correctly and
> justly) blame _me_ for it.

	Might be a good time to reflect that using fqdn's in alias files
	is a good practice; e.g.

		geek: bmanning

	is less prefered than

		geek: [email protected]

	(Oh, and if volunteer use would be an acceptable alternative,
	 please consider using bmanning as an example :)

--
--bill