Re: I-D (Re: Out of date contact information )

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri May 03 07:34:19 1996

On Fri, 3 May 1996, Paul A Vixie wrote:

> > [...] I'd suggest including (in no particular order) the following:
> >
> >       Address   Operations Area      Example Usage
> >       routing   Network Operations   Network routing issues
> >       nic       Network Operations   Same as noc
> >       news      Customer Support     Same as usenet
> >       help      Customer Support     Same as support
>
> hostmaster was done in the -01 draft, sent shortly ago.  security seems
> reasonable but is this current practice anywhere you know of?

	I beleive that SprintLink uses it, but I've got permanent routing
anomalies in my memory so I can't be sure.

 [various other comments munged]
> should the document state which of these are recommended for new sites
> and which are listed only for backward compatibility with random older
> nonstandardized sites?  i think so.

	Agreed.

  |     "Whatever thy hand findest to do, do it with all thy heart."     |
  |                             -- Jesus of Nazareth                     |
 ----========== http://www.cybernothing.org/jdfalk/home.html ==========----