Re: Out of date contact information

  • From: Cathy Wittbrodt
  • Date: Thu May 02 15:43:49 1996
  • Office: 385 Ravendale, Mountain View, CA 94043
  • Phone: 415-944-7213

You know that all this stuff was standardized long ago at an IETF
working group?  The group was called Network Joint Management.
We all agreed that there should be a trouble mailing list for each NOC
and I believe we agreed on AS mailing lists as well.  It is a shame,
but I don't believe that that group ever put out an RFC specifying
this.  There was also a group that worked on inter-NOC communications
and sharing trouble tickets, etc.

---Cathy

    From: Alan Hannan <[email protected]>
    Subject: Re: Out of date contact information

      Jonathan Heileger and myself are doing some work on issues similar
      and inclusive to this, having to do w/ inter-NOC communication, and
      we are planning a presentation at the next NANOG.

      FYI...

      -alan

    .........  Dorian Kim is rumored to have said:
    ]
    ] This would be something we could probably standardize. I wonder how many folks
    ] have mail aliases like [email protected], [email protected], etc to bounce messages
    ] right ways. At the ver least, it'll make /etc/alias file shorter for good
    ] number of people. :)
    ]
    ] -dorian ([email protected])
    ]