Out of date contact information

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Wed May 01 20:28:37 1996

I hate to interrupt the ongoing discussion about peering, but I'd
like to bring up another perennial topic, out-of-date network contact
information.  The larger, and older the company the harder it is
to find the right contact person.

Sure there are lots, and lots of lists; WHOIS at the InterNIC, lists
kept by various NAP operators, even in in-addr.arpa TXT records.  So
many lists people have difficulty knowing what to update when people's
responsibilities change.

Suppose I wanted to find out Sprint's real policy this week, or a government
agency network such as ESnet's Internet policy; who would I contact?  The
listed contact names don't seem to work, or are out-of-date.