Re: UUNET stops peering at MAE-West

  • From: Kent W. England
  • Date: Sun Mar 24 22:03:07 1996

At 12:07 AM 3/24/96 -0800, Mark Kent wrote:
>>> Why haven't more networks taken advantage of the PacBell NAP facility
>>> in San Francisco??
>
>I should note that I don't see any issues going over the SF NAP from
>my neck of the woods.
>
>-mark

Give it a try. Pacific Bell has upgraded the Bay Area NAP to Stratacom BPX
ATM switches and the new PacBell LA NAP will also be a BPX switch. These
switches have sufficient buffer size to manage OC-3 connections.

Check out our NAP stats page http://www.PacBell.COM/Products/NAP/Stats/ to
see how much aggregate traffic is already flowing through the Bay Area NAP.
Still some headroom left and no cell loss!

--Kent