UUNET stops peering at MAE-West

  • From: Roy
  • Date: Sun Mar 24 00:36:21 1996

According to the night shift at UUNET's NOC, they have stopped
peering at MAE-West.  Traceroutes show that they are using MAE-West
for outbound trafiic but it doesn't look like they are advertising
any routes there since I couldn't find anyone going to UUNET
via MAE-West.

The fellow I spoke with said this will remain until the GigaSwitch
is installed at MAE West scheduled for this week.

I have not seen an announcement to their customers of this policy
change.

On one particular route I use, I am now seeing 10% packet loss
up from the previous 1-2%.  The route has become unusable for telnet.