Re: MCI

  • From: Robert Craig
  • Date: Tue Mar 19 18:58:51 1996

At 12:29 96/3/19, Wolfgang Henke wrote:
>I have assembled a list of several best effort packet routers including
>known research efforts:
>
>http://www.whnet.com/wolfgang/giga.html

The list shows the 75xx as doing about 80mbps, which is incorrect.

I've been doing extensive testing in a realistic testbed with a three HSSI,
two FDDI configuration, and I get 160mbps without difficulty.  The
aggregate throughput at the moment is limited, not by the unit under test,
but by the generators I'm using.  I've just acquired some more powerful
ones, so should be able to stress the box a bit more.

The results I anticipate will approach Product Marketing's numbers ;-)

Robert.