Re: MCI

  • From: Dorian Kim
  • Date: Tue Mar 19 11:25:51 1996

On Tue, 19 Mar 1996, David Miller wrote:

> On Mon, 18 Mar 1996 [email protected] wrote:
> What kinds of routers can route at near wire speeds a bunch of ports at
> 155Mb ATM?

None right now. Gigarouter can handle it theoretically, but...

I'm being picky, but it's a moot question since doing wirespeed OC3c using
ATM is impossible in of itself. Hell, mapping of SONET framings to ATM
cells take off about 6 mbps right there.

Anyway, until then you have a router that can do this, there always are
ATM switches + cluster of routers.

-dorian