Re: Sprint Peering Requirements? WAS More network problems (fwd)

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat Mar 16 02:20:50 1996

>> In the meantime just dump the Sprintlink traffic through Sprint's T1
>> line at the CIX, and let Sprint backhaul it to the other coast.
>
>That link has been down for 19 hours.  I'm not sure what the problem is;
>the T1 IXC won't talk to me about it since it's not my circuit.

Awsome, the sales people will love that :-).  A policy against the use
of available alternate paths results in a single failure turning into a
prolonged outage.  I love big providers, they make it so easy.

At least Sprint has a policy.  MCI's and AGIS's lawyers have been working
on a policy for months.  But haven't come up with a coherent one yet.

P.S. what is the deal with the Santa Clara POP anyway?  I've seen gas
main explosions, circuits cut by a blowtorch (gee? maybe they're related),
"missing" fiber, "lost" circuits, and other shenangans.  This time I'm
glad we followed WorldCom's (WilTel, whatevertheirnameisthisweek) site
recommendation and used DC power for our equipment.  But this POP is
like working out of a telecommunications war zone.