Re: NET99 sabotages IGC's routes

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Sat Mar 16 00:36:10 1996

David Schwartz writes...
>This outage was deliberately engineered by AGIS/NET99.

Is there something you expect the nanog list (community) to do?  I
read this, and I share your concerns at what your allegations show
is either restraint of trade or tort interference... but why here? *

>	NET99's deliberate, malicious actions are contrary to the very
>spirit of the Internet.

So far so good..

>They resulted in DALnet (the third largest IRC network) being split

Yada yada yada.  Look, if you have a serious complaint, stick to it.
Complaining about IRC is tantamount to saying "Hi, I'm without a clue
as to what is important and what isn't."  Nobody is going to go to bat
for you because your IRC net was split.  Try something more important
like "Our customers couldn't reach the net."  I know it doesn't sound
exciting, but it strikes home for _everyone_ (almost) on this list.

>	Please excuse me if this is not the appropriate forum for discussing
>this event.

>	David Schwartz
>	Director of Network Services
>	Internet Gateway Connections
>	(954)-430-3030

Respectfully,

Ehud

--
Ehud Gavron	(EG76)
[email protected]

* I'm not a lawyer.  The Laywers' Clique requires all non-lawyer to tell
  anyone they're not lawyers anytime they purport to give advice that might
  be considered legal advice.  Of course as a nonmember of The Lawyers Clique,
  any comments I make are my pure opinion, are not legal advice, and 'should not
  be construed as any legal advice.  If you need help, contact your choice of
  member of The Lawyers' Clique.