Re: Allocation of IP Addresses

  • From: Perry E. Metzger
  • Date: Fri Mar 15 13:46:08 1996

"Kevin Oberman" writes:
> > Date: Fri, 15 Mar 1996 00:40:24 -0500
> > From: "Perry E. Metzger" <[email protected]>
> >
> > I'm arguing that they haven't ever really existed, except with
> > government intervention to create them.
>
> Guess this you could claim "government intervention" for most
> anything, but I suggest you read up on Carnagie Steel, Standard Oil,
> and a few others at the turn of the century.

I have. If you read my messages in detail, you would have seen my
comments on U.S. Steel (Carnegie Steel never controlled the bulk of
the market) and Standard Oil. I suggest that *you* read up on
them. You are probably operating on the vague comments you heard in
your high school history classes, not on real reading.

> And, if you want to claim that these were local, go out and buy a
> diamond. While there are a few exceptions, DuBeers controlled the
> world's diamond market totally until the past decade and still could
> easily destroy the worlds diamond market in a day.

How could they "destroy the market"? Is there a "diamond market" sitting
in a hallway somewhere that I can shoot or something?

Perry