Re: Allocation of IP Addresses

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Thu Mar 14 22:21:03 1996

Sorry david you misunderstood what i wanted to get across.

when you say "the IANA" decided, it gives
the impression that an august group of people like the IESG took action.

I said this not to imply that you or any one else had implicated IESG in
the decision.  What i was thinking of was the new comer who might
remember the IAB  and IESG as being made up of GROUPS of people and
assume the IANA was ALSO a GROUP.  Now I am sure you know more about this
than I and I do not know what roles Joyce plays.  However other people
who also know more than I have said that John *IS* the IANA.  Also please
understand that I am implying no personal criticism of john in my statements.