RE: Interesting AP Article

  • From: Jim Fleming
  • Date: Thu Mar 14 00:03:02 1996

This issue has been on the burner for a long time...

The National Science Foundation's, "exit stage right" last year was irresponsible...

As Election '96 heats up and Bill Clinton plugs more schools and parents
into the net, people are going to find out that some roads lead to interstate
highways and some roads end up nowhere, just like the cover of "The Road Ahead"

There are no easy solutions...one thing for sure...money will be the key to
survival on the Internet...the Federal Government will likely have to step in to
help insure that school children get lunches and their Internet...the Election '96
candidates will have to respond to the serious problems that have been created
because of the rapid commercialization of a precious resource...

Next November, the candidate with the most IP addresses to "dole" out
may be the winner...(no punn intended)...

Jim Fleming
Naperville, IL

P.S. Just think, "Vote for ________ and receive a "routable" IP address"...