Re: RS transparency survey

  • From: Cengiz Alaettinoglu
  • Date: Fri Mar 08 16:01:30 1996
  • Posted-date: Fri, 8 Mar 1996 10:49:46 -0800

[email protected] ([email protected]) on March 7:
> If this is a vote: yes, please. makes it simpler and more clear.
>
> can we this way also make the RS pick automatically peering sessions and
> distribute the right views?

Yes, with the via proposal, this can be done automatically. However,
it is not clear at this point whether this via information becomes a
part of as-in/as-out (i.e. a part of the policy language) or some
other object.

> e.g.: as1 has		... as4 via as2 ...
>       as4 has           ... as1 via as2 ...     (as2 is rs)
>
> then the rs will automatically reconfigure to exchange as1/as4 to
> each other.
>
> Mike

>                                                    IDT
> Michael F. Nittmann                             ---------
> Senior Network Architect                        \       /
> (201) 928 4456                                   -------
> (201) 928 1888 FAX                                \   /
> [email protected]                                 ---
>                                                    IOS

Cengiz

--
Cengiz Alaettinoglu           Information Sciences Institute
(310) 822-1511                University of Southern California