larger space was: Re: [NIC-....

  • From: Carl Payne
  • Date: Thu Feb 15 15:26:25 1996

>The whole point of getting the bigger address space is to be better than
>your competition (multi-homed, etc etc.)

Oh, baloney.

The point of a larger address space is ease of deployment.  The current thinking is, "We don't want it to be easier if it wastes numbers.  Work a little harder."

Besides, if you think for one minute that  the customers of most ISPs give a hoot about larger address space, or that being multi-homed will GUARANTEE a dialup customer will go to them, then you'd be interested to hear about my real estate ventures...

Carl