ISP Domain Auction

  • From: Mark Kosters
  • Date: Wed Feb 14 02:55:07 1996

Hi

The InterNIC appreciates the concerns of the Internet community about the
auction of a block of domain names. Until now, we have maintained the
position that we have no oversight responsibility regarding the resale of
domain names other than they be actively used on the Internet. If you have
any constructive comments about the role that the domain registrar should
take in this case, we will be happy to help develop an IANA sanctioned policy
to exercise such a role.

There is a list already setup to discuss domain policy-related matters -
[email protected]  To subscribe, send a message to
[email protected] with "subscribe domain-policy" in the
body of the message.

Regards,
Mark

--

Mark Kosters              [email protected]        +1 703 742 4795
Software Engineer   InterNIC Registration Services