Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

  • From: Curtis Villamizar
  • Date: Fri Feb 02 20:52:09 1996

> > If an organization registered an address they are responsible for
> > keeping the contact name up to date.  If they don't announce the
> > route, they have not provided a valid contact, and there is no way to
> > contact them, including publishing a list on major mailing lists, then
> > it should be safe to recover the address since every reasonable effort
> > was made to contact them.  If a route is not announced, this is a NOOP
> > anyway.
>
> Curtis,
>   You idiot - how could you say such a thing.  What about the poor guy
> who is using the net behind a firewall.  ;-)
> -- Curtis

Curtis
  You ignorant bozo - I meant it has no effect on routing table size.
Any attempt to recover it is a NOOP until we actually need the 192/8
space which won't be for a very long time (after A space is
exhausted).  ;-)
-- Curtis

ps - I trust its perfectly acceptable to email flaming insults when
replying to yourself.