Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

  • From: Craig A. Huegen
  • Date: Fri Feb 02 04:36:11 1996

On Thu, 1 Feb 1996, Jon Zeeff wrote:

> > > Another factoid to consider - I know of a company that has a Class C that
> > > they don't use.  To my knowledge, nobody has ever even asked that
> > > they give it up.  Some automated email process could do this without
> > > much effort.
> > >
> > 	Well, almost.  The IPGR robot is, in fact, doing just that.
>
> Based on never having received such an email and knowing of
> several others who haven't either, I disagree.

Ah, but yes it is...  The other day, I received the following message
below asking us if we were still using the network provided to us.  Since
we are using it, we politely replied; I'm sure many more people than I
were contacted for older networks.

/cah

----
Craig A. Huegen <[email protected]>   Phone: (408) 428-8404
Communications Engineer                 Fax:   (408) 428-8513
Electronic Data Systems / Pyramid Technology Corporation
Mail Stop SJ1-1-107, 3860 North First Street, San Jose, CA 95134