Re: MCI to market MSN

  • From: alexy
  • Date: Wed Jan 31 09:31:42 1996

On Wed, 31 Jan 1996, Christopher E. Stefan wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Jan 1996 [email protected] wrote:
>
> > MCI and Microsoft will now be building networks together, MCI ditching
> > Netscape and starting to sell Microsoft network access tools & pushing
> > MSN...
>
> Interesting considering: MCI and News Corp. have an agreement to jointly
> develop/promote InternetMCI and Delphi.  And UUNET and Microsoft have an
> agreement to provide Internet access/MSN dialup.

Last paragraph of article read:

" MCI's move is a step away from its relationship with News Corp,, whose
Delphi on-line service, with 200,000 customers, is about a quarter the
size of Microsoft's MSN."

Bye Bye, Delphi.

It is a wonder to me that Microsoft is using UUNET for MSN dialup and MCI
for, to quote the article, "Internet access and telecommunications
provider".  If I was with UUNET, I certainly would be upset that I get to
watch modems blink while MCI gets to hyperstream.

> Wonder if this sort of thing is anything like the cable/telco/media
> "interactive TV" alliances of a year or two ago?

Can we now get MSNBC over our MCI ISDN?

Did anyone else note the MSNBC advertisement following the SuperBowl?

alex