Re: Policy Statement on Address Space Allocations

  • From: Peter Galbavy
  • Date: Wed Jan 31 05:19:42 1996

> You are the biggest ISP in Europe aren't you? How big? Couldn't you spend
> a few quid on incorporating Demon Internet Services Inc. in the USA?
> Wouldn't you then be eligible for IP addresses from the US Internic?

This has been consdidered I understand... but we want to play the game
and make the rules better, not cheat :-)

> In a classless IPV4 world in which the old Class A address area is in
> production use, would we have enough available IP addresses for providers
> to do this on a large scale assuming that they would have near 100%
> utilization in the blocks that were being allocated statically?
>
> Didn't the experiment with 39/8 show that it was safe to allocate
> classlessly out of the old Class A addresses?

I think so and yes :-)

Regards,
--
Peter Galbavy                                                 [email protected]
@ Demon Internet                                      phone://44/181/371_3700