Re: Have we started to chop up the B-space into /24's.

  • From: Ehud Gavron
  • Date: Tue Jan 30 15:32:16 1996

>As I recall, at some point Internic was handing out subnets
>of old class B space and reserving the remaining subnets for the same
>organisation. If that's the case here then, 164.103.0.0/16
>should be advertised sprintlink instead of 164.103.3.0/24.

	Nice thought, except it doesn't work in practice.
	We have 169.197.0/18.  When we advertise it, Sean's
	filters prevent ICM/ICP from getting it.  When we
	mis-advertise it as /16 the filter lets us through.

	My two messages to INSC, 2 to [email protected], and 4 to Sean
	didn't generate any solutions, so what makes you think
	it will work for 164.103.3.0/24?

>       --Ismat

	Ehud