Re: value of co-location

  • From: Sean Doran
  • Date: Mon Jan 22 16:03:56 1996

| the goal is to come up with a router the size of a 5ESS
| with similar capacity                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
       ^^^^^^^
	greater				bigger than

Just as an aside, the number of switched minutes for
PDN/VPN dialup data traffic of all sorts (IP and non-IP,
Internet and private network) through one particularly
data-oriented IXC is widely expected to exceed the
total number of switched minutes for voice traffic
by the middle of summer, this year.

It would astonish me to learn that a number of other IXCs
and some LECs have not made strikingly similar predictions,
give or take some weeks or months.

| (and which is installable and maintainable by telco knuckledraggers)

You got that part right.

	Sean.