Re: Interconnects at NANOG

  • From: William Allen Simpson
  • Date: Thu Jan 04 20:48:40 1996

> From: "Jonathan Heiliger" <[email protected]>
> Perhaps term IXP, IntereXchange Point could be used.  Too many acronyms has
> long been a trend in technology. :-)

I have always liked Deering's MIX (Metropolitan Internet eXchange),
since the acronym also described the activity (MIXing).

Perhaps have the region/location: LA-MIX, Chicago-MIX, et alia.

NB: NAP has always struck me as overly generic ("access point"), and a
description of sedentary inactivity.

[email protected]