Re: Are the Route Servers Viable Solutions That Are Being Held Hostage?

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Sun Dec 17 01:01:55 1995

Sean,

I am trying learn and understand and if I was unnecessarily harsh on
sprint I apologize.  Thank you for setting forth your point of view as
eloquently as you have.  I hope that MERIT and ANS will address the
issues that you have raised.  I see the routing arbiter as one a part of
the new architecture that I have so far not understood and I was/am
beginning to wonder whether it might hold some promise for solving some
of the backbone stress problems I wrote about in my last newsletter.
please remember that i have not officially published anything on this issue
yet.  Nsf is spending $10 million a year on the 2 RA coop
agreements....right?  seems like they should be getting something more
useful for the money than so far has been the case.