Censorship, Obligations, and Legal Responsibility

  • From: Alan Hannan
  • Date: Sat Dec 02 21:25:22 1995

  With the publicity surrounding the recently announced coalition
  and agreement eliminating 'pornography' from certain providers, I
  am curious as to what our group's thoughts are wrt potential legal
  expoure to us in the following two areas:

	A| Network Connectivity Providing
    and B| Usenet Network News Providing.

  I have arguments in my head both ways on the question:

  "Is the NSP|ISP responsible for content of their Pipes|NNTP feed?"

  I would be curious to hear what the concensus (as if there might
  be one) is.

  -alan