Re: Westnet and Utah outage

  • From: Hans-Werner Braun
  • Date: Wed Nov 22 19:27:09 1995

>I think this may be the first case *for* decaf.

I don't drink coffee. And I never noticed caffine having any impact on
me. Wish it would, these recurring arguments make me tired.

>What gets me is when you said earlier:
>>I suspect at least 80% of the problem is non-technical, but
>>abministrative and mindset.
>On what do you base this suspicion?

Experience on such matters. This kind of problems is not exactly new
to me. Been there, done that. Hope someone will get up who has the
guts to fix things.

>Everone working on these things has to work on facts and tangibles.
>"It's broke!  Fix it!" is less useful than looking down the fiber jumper
>to see what's clogging the data.

Then do it. Don't waste time sending email instead.