Re: Westnet and Utah outage

  • From: Scott Huddle
  • Date: Wed Nov 22 15:53:28 1995

Gordon,

I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your note, but you seemed to be trying
to suggest exactly that.  In one breath you excuse yourself from
pointing one finger in hopes that people don't notice the other
arm wildly gesturing the other way.  Its quite disengenous to state
otherwise.  It wasn't appropriate for you to do this to Sprint and it
wouldn't be appropriate to do this to anyone else, either.

I consider this list a place for ISPs to discuss general policy and
planning issues that effect all of us.  It is a very inappropriate
place to discuss problems with a specific provider.  If you have
a problem with a specific provider, whether it be Sprint, or ANS,
or MCI, or podunk-ISP, it would seem to me that it would be
most appropriate to be talking to them directly rather than
shouting to the wind.

As to the rest, this is a competitive market with lots of fine
service providers both national, regional, and local with more
coming on board all the time.  Some problems we will all face
and other problems will be provider specific.  This list
has always been appropriate and useful to discuss the first,
lets stick with it.

-scott ([email protected])

Gordon Cook <[email protected]> writes