Re: Links on the blink - what will/should mci & sprint do?

  • From: Gordon Cook
  • Date: Sun Nov 19 00:37:52 1995

Sean writes:

Thirdly, there are some very cunning
ideas being proposed by various hardware people for making
the 7500 do interesting things on the switching front that
very probably will get the router to deal with the kinds of
loads you're asking about.

COOK:  does this mean that there is some way to get the cisco to behave
like the cascade switch I asked about??  If not what in general does it mean?

Finally you said if the 7500 doesn't perform well then you might have to
do the redesign I asked about.... meaning going to an atm switched
backbone with routers at the periphery of the backbone??

Gordon Cook, Editor & Publisher       Subscript.: Individ-ascii  $85
The COOK Report on Internet                Non Profit.          $150
431 Greenway Ave, Ewing, NJ 08618          Small Corp & Gov't   $200
(609) 882-2572                             Corporate            $350
Internet: [email protected]              Corporate. Site Lic  $650
Newly expanded COOK Report Web Pages http://pobox.com/cook/