Re: Routing wars pending?

  • From: Tim Bass
  • Date: Thu Nov 16 14:17:31 1995

Absolutely agree  with both Robert and Vadim that DNS need to be revised
in a big way.  I especially would like to see the MX record concept
applied to information services (IX maybe), i.e.

foo.bar.org.	IN	A	198.133.151.19
			IX  10	fooU2.bar.org.
			IX  20	foo2U2.bar.org.
			IX  30	whoU2.maybe.com.
			IX  40	tryMe2.friendly.com.

www.bar.org.	IN	CNAME	foo.bar.org.

Has this simple concept been proposed in an IETF draft unknown to
us ugly ducklings :-)

Quack.

Tim

| Tim Bass                           | #include<campfire.h>                |
| Principal Network Systems Engineer |       for(beer=100;beer>1;beer++){  |
| The Silk Road Group, Ltd.          |           take_one_down();          |
|                                    |           pass_it_around();         |
| http://www.silkroad.com/           |       }                             |
|                                    |  back_to_work(); /*never reached */ |