Re: Routing wars pending?

  • From: Robert Moskowitz
  • Date: Thu Nov 16 12:59:51 1995

At 08:22 PM 11/15/95 -0500, Vadim Antonov wrote:

>>Consider process migration.
>
>Any commercial OS out there which does process migration? Most
>OS people became quite convinced that process migration does not
>pay for itself.

Vadim,

In many areas you and Noel know a lot more than me. You are the eagles, I am
only a hawk.

But over in corporate networks, we have had much of this for years.  In
VTAM.  Yes sessions do not survive rollovers, but reconnects go immediately
to the new system.  We have WORKED VERY HARD trying to manage this in DNS.
Notify has helped and Dynamic will help more.  But that is for host, not
process.  So we have to have multiple A records for different names and that
breaks in-addr.arpa!

GRRRRR......

Talk to my at Dallas and I will give you living examples of BBBIIIGGG mobile
processes VERY mission critical.....

Enough.  I got to head over to the AIAG office.  Talk to me about that also
at Dallas.

Robert Moskowitz
Chrysler Corporation
(810) 758-8212