Re: links on the blink (fwd)

  • From: Dave Mills
  • Date: Wed Nov 08 10:04:29 1995

Mike,

I spent two years fighting the devils on the original NSFnet backbone, and
have rugburns on my backside from sleeping next to my workstation to prove
it. I use the US/UK path every working day trying to conduct business and,
like you, manage to keep up with my technical field between keystrokes.
This is not what they pay me for. I am an expert Morse operator and have
even worked interactive programs in that archaic mode. I submit we are both
beyond such gross and inefficient uses of our expensive time and have much
better things to do than mount parallel ftp sessions hoping one of them will
succeed in transfering a 30-Kbyte file from Cambridge to Cambirdge before
timing out. Wrong example.

Dave