Re: links on the blink (fwd)

  • From: Steven J. Richardson
  • Date: Tue Nov 07 16:27:33 1995

Curtis:

  I was referring to when Merit had the NSFNET NOC...!  ;-)

  Of course you are correct; if you observe the links over a
long enough time, you will see loss.   I hope that the orders
of magnitude between 10% loss and 1E-4/1E-5 make an impression
on persons saying that the first number is acceptable.

  I'm also glad to hear that MCI has continued its vigilance;
they were always very ready to look into problems which we
reported, run diagnostics with us, etc.

  Steve R.
===