Re: links on the blink (fwd)

  • From: Stan Barber
  • Date: Sat Nov 04 23:33:29 1995

> Yes, there is no formal mechanism to my knowledge, but should we really
> make one?

There was a document written by Paul A. Flahery called "NSFNET Trouble
Reporting Standards". It was published in August of 1994 as an outgrowth
of the NSFNET RAC. It is not a formal standard, but might be a place to
start work towards some mechanism to effectively deal with trouble reporting
and resolution.

I don't know if a copy of this document is available on-line or not. Perhaps
someone else in the groups knows.

--
Stan   | Academ Consulting Services        |internet: [email protected]
Olan   | For more info on academ, see this |uucp: {mcsun|amdahl}!academ!sob