Re: links on the blink (fwd)

  • From: Jon Zeeff
  • Date: Sat Nov 04 15:22:16 1995

> power. and, btw: you do not get compensated for outages at all: if I must
> throwh away my freezer contents, they do not pay me for it. That's
> exactly like Internet access: if you cannot reach MIT because their link

If you are willing to pay for it, you can get what you want regarding
power.  There are companies that will gladly sell you dual diesel
generators and companies that will sell you insurance in case the
main power and both generators fail.

If there are enough people who want and are willing to pay for < .001%
packet loss, providers can and eventually will provide it.  Good
measurement systems are a necessary first step.  Priority based
packet routing will also help.