Re: Legislative Relief

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Mon Oct 16 16:45:25 1995

On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Paul Ferguson wrote:

> As someone already mentioned, we need to stop thinking of the
> Internet in US-centric fashions. The Internet spans continents
> and has no regard for national boundaries or knee-jerk legislation.

When one country passes legislation to deal with a situation, other
countries will often study that legislation as the basis for their own
new law. Somebody has to take the first step.

Anyway, the real solution is to make people aware that spamming is "not
nice" and a waste of time. Anything that generates some publicity for the
cause is good including national legislation.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: [email protected]