BGP4 peering wiht Sprint, and MCI

  • From: Nathan Stratton
  • Date: Sat Oct 14 15:12:24 1995

We have a 486 DX4 100 with 40 megs of ram running FreeBSD and gated with a
T1 to Sprint and a T1 to MCI. I have a few questions that someone may be
able to answer.

If my Sprint T1 goes down, how long will it take for route to drop out of
the routing table?

I have peering going with sprint and MCI and I have about 31,000 routes
in my routing table. When I called up sprint and MCI they said they were
not getting routes form me. How do I advertize my CIDR blocks to sprint
and mci via BGP4?

I have:

204.17.64.0/24
204.183.0.0/19
205.215.0.0/18

Nathan Stratton		  CEO, NetRail, Inc.    Your Gateway to the World!
Phone   (703)524-4800			       NetRail, Inc.
Fax     (703)534-5033                          2007 N. 15 St. Suite B-5
Email   [email protected]                      Arlington, Va. 22201
WWW     http://www.netrail.net/                Access: (703) 524-4802 guest