DNS delegation for non-octet boundaries

  • From: Jeremy Porter
  • Date: Thu Oct 12 02:29:48 1995

At the most receint NANOG some methods of delegating DNS (in-addr.arpa's) on
non octet boundaries was disccused.  If I remember correclty
there were two parts to this, regarding delegating individual
records, and some other process.

If anyone has any references to this, I would apprecated it.
We are looking into this and also automatic or assisted
renumbering to help reduce allocation growth and router
table sizes.

|  Jeremy Porter (512)-339-6094 Freeside Communications, Inc. [email protected]  |
|  [email protected]  (512)-339-4466 (data) P.O. Box 530264 Austin, TX 78753    |