Re: MCI and SprintLink are partitioned (fwd)

  • From: bmanning
  • Date: Wed Oct 04 12:58:46 1995
  • Posted-date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 09:02:01 -0700 (PDT)

>  . are all three (four?) NAPs really being used

	Yes.  for some value of "used".

>  . Is there any evidence that the NAPs are really backing each other
>    up?

	Not sure this is possible.  Perhaps the better question is,
	are providers using the NAPs to back each other up.

>  . do we have some regular examples from *any* site A initiating a
>    connection from A to B, A to C, and A to D, where the three are
>    verifiably (via traceroute, I guess) would traverse different NAPs
>    (and hopefully only one each)?

	Yes.

>  . Are there routing stability reports accessible online from the RA
>    (or whoever else feels responsible for this) that graph fluctuations
>    at the NAPs, including correlation among them? What are the quality
>    metrics for routing stability?

	Being defined.

>  . Do all the NAPs provide online statistics?

	No.

	http://info.ra.net/papers  have the annual report/plan papers

>  . Is there any way NANOG can be used to exchange status information
>    accessible via the network. Is someone already working on that?
>    Would not NANOG be *the* forum to cooperate on that?

	Sounds like a really good idea to me.

--bill