Re: number of unaggregated class C's in swamp?

  • From: Michael Dillon
  • Date: Sat Sep 30 01:24:35 1995

On Fri, 29 Sep 1995, William Allen Simpson wrote:

> > From: Barney Wolff <[email protected]>
> > > This is interesting, showing how bad assignment has been even
> > > _after_ CIDR.  5K sites migrating providers in 2 years.
> >
> > I believe the NIC was assigning out of 198 before CIDR went into
> > effect.  I got a single C directly from them in late 1993, as I recall.
> >
> RFC-1366 was October 1992!  And of course, an internet draft before that!
>
> Another fine example of the NIC level of competence.

In August 1994 I applied for a /23 CIDR block. I received 2 consecutive
/24's instead from a NIC other than the Internic.

Michael Dillon                                    Voice: +1-604-546-8022
Memra Software Inc.                                 Fax: +1-604-542-4130
http://www.memra.com                             E-mail: [email protected]