Re: number of unaggregated class C's in swamp?

  • From: Tim Bass
  • Date: Sat Sep 30 00:53:15 1995

>     From: Dennis Ferguson <[email protected]>
>
>     I also wouldn't bet the farm on some amazing new routing architecture
>     saving us

Noel replies:

> Actually, I think you can safely bet the farm in the other direction, that
> there is no such thing possible.

Picture the 'amazing new routing architecture' as a giant rock and people
pushing this hugh rock up a monster of a mountain.  I think, what Noel
is willing to 'bet the farm' on is that the giant rock will become such
an immovable burden that it will fall back and roll over the Rock Rollers.

This is the peril of an Amazing New Routing Architecture.  The question
of technical merit is superceded by the sheer weight of implementation.

-Tim

| Tim Bass                           | #include<campfire.h>                |
| Principal Network Systems Engineer |       for(beer=100;beer>1;beer++){  |
| The Silk Road Group, Ltd.          |           take_one_down();          |
|                                    |           pass_it_around();         |
| http://www.silkroad.com/           |       }                             |
|                                    |  back_to_work(); /*never reached */ |