Re: Other flapping prefixes. Compare and contrast.

  • From: Michael F. Nittmann
  • Date: Mon Sep 11 09:08:21 1995

Can we stop this bashing right here, Sean? I don't believe that this list
is the adequate forum four such childish behaviour. I have a collection
of your past emails and I am rather fed up withthis.

Can Sean be removed from the list? These are not contributions in any
sense of constructivity at all.

Sprint can very well chose a different person to make their corporate
views known on an nanog scale.Mike

Mike

On Mon, 11 Sep 1995, Sean Doran wrote:

> There were several other providers who got notes from
> me about prefixes that were flapping every several seconds
> or thereabouts.   The tally so far:
>
> Polite "we have a ticket open and will get someone to fix
> things" from three providers (thanks ANS, BBN, EBONE).
>
> A trio of no-answer-yets, one of which has since been
> fixed, one of which will be fixed since I have the
> advantage of sharing a room with the routing guru
> of the NSP in question and the bigger advantage of
> not needing nearly as much sleep. :-)
>
> The third no-answer-yet is from a smaller provider in
> Europe, and I expect they'll get back to me in their morning.
>
> Finally, there was the previous reply.
>
> 	Sean.
>
> P.S.: Oh, I also have to thank Pushpendra Mohta of CERFNET
> 	who replied to an earlier note personally with an
> 	explanation of what was going on.

Michael F. Nittmann                                     [email protected]
Senior Network Architect                               ------------
IDT/IOS - Internet Online Services                      ----------
294 State Street                                         --------
Hackensack, NJ 07601                                      ------
                                                           ----
+1 (201) 928 1000 xt. 500                                   --
+1 (201) 928 1057 FAX        +1 (201) 441 5861 Pager        \/