Re: CIDR FAQ

  • From: Tony Li
  • Date: Tue Aug 15 19:27:47 1995

   Ok, yes you are correct you can't drop a DS3 into the back of a PC, but
   why not use a 4500 or 7000 for your ds3's and then use a PC to do the
   major BGP4? On a 4500 I only can put in 32 megs or ram. Yes gated will
   use more ram for the same number of routes, but I can put 128 meg or more
   in a PC.

   I think we need to talk about using PC route servers and cisco together
   for a solution, the cisco's just can't hold the ram needed.

That's why there's the 4500M, and the 7000, and ...

Tony